Venice Louisiana Fishing Guide and lodge red fishing trips.
Venice Louisiana Fishing Trips Red fishing and Trout
Come Fish Venice, Louisiana, located about 90 minutes South-East of New Orleans near the mouth of the Mississippi River. The Venice area is one of the BEST spots in the world for light tackle saltwater fishing for hard fighting Redfish and tasty Speckled Trout, as well as many other species of gamefish!
The saltwater of the Gulf of Mexico meeting the freshwater of the mighty Mississippi River produces one of the best fisheries in the world. Louisiana has one of the most liberal creel limits on gamefish in the U.S.
The limit on Redfish is 5 per person and the limit on Speckled Trout is 25 per person. More times than not, your ice chest will be full of fish by the end of your Venice fishing trip.
Venice Louisiana Fishing Guide
Capt. Shawn Lanier is USCG licensed and has been fishing the Venice area since 1991.
Capt. Shawn offers 2 boats:
Flounder Pounder, a 23-foot bayboat. and his flats boat, to go catch fish in shallow water, an 18"F Browns Bay with a 115 Evinrude engine.
You can come fishing in the Venice area any time of the year, rain or shine, hot or cool: the fish are always there.... Whether you are an experienced angler or a beginner, you are welcome to fish with Captain Shawn.
RatesGuided Daily Fishing Rates (Speckled Trout and Redfish in Venice, Louisiana) Fishing only.
1-3 fishermen $650
4 fishermen $850
Lodging: $60.00 per person/ per night. You handle your own meals, whether you go out or cook.
All-inclusive Guided Fishing Trips Packages include: lodging, meals and fishing
3 Anglers per boat = $ 350.00 per person/ per day/per night = $ 1050.00 per day for 3.
2 Anglers per boat = $ 450.00 per person/ per day/ per night = $ 900.00 per day for 2.
Fish On SPECIAL PACKAGE:
3 DAYS/ 4 NIGHTS Fishing and lodging package: $ 1050.00 per person (3 people MINIMUM) and $2800 for 2 anglers. This package includes: overnight stay, soft drinks, meals and fishing trip. You bring your own alcoholic beverages.If you would like to fish and stay longer, we will customize your package. If you have any food allergy (seafood, gluten...) please let us know in advance so meals can be planned.
The lodge has a total of 16 beds in three different rooms. There is plenty of room inside for a large group of people to relax in the air conditioning. Outside, there are two large covered porches for barbecues or just hanging out. Also, there are three seperate bathrooms. The lodge is elevated 20" above the ground, so in case someone has problems getting up stairs there are some quarters at floor level that they can use. Capt. Shawn lives at the lodge in a seperate room, so you might have to put up with him while you are there. While at the lodge make yourself at home and let the Capt. know if you need anything, because everybody is a V.I.P at The Fish On Lodge.
What We Provide:
- Quality rods and reels.
- Artificial lures and tackle.
- Fuel, ice.
- Fish cleaning available at the dock.
- Out of state fishing license. Ask Captain Shawn about this license.
- Overnight accommodations available. Ask Captain Shawn for details.
- Live bait available at the dock at market price.
- If you are a beginner, Captain Shawn will show you everything you need to know to catch fish.
The following is a list of our recommendations for items you should bring on one of our Guided Fishing Trips in Venice, Louisiana.
What You Need to Bring:
- Valid Louisiana Fresh and Salt water fishing license, if you are from out of state, let Capt Shawn know and he will provide you with his license number to get your 3-day pass from LA Wildlife and Fisheries. This license is mandatory.
- Rain gear and/or sun protection: a hat and waterproof sunblock, sunglasses
- Your food and drinks, ice will be provided for this effect and for keeping your trophies cold
- Because of limited storage space, please limit personal effects to 1 waterproof small bag
- Don't forget your camera, make sure you have enough film...or an empty card
- You will need to come with an ice chest to bring your catch home.
Ask us about FREE night and dinner with a Venice Louisiana fishing guide and lodge package!