Mille Lacs Minnesota freshwater ice fishing charters for Yellow Perch, Muskies, Eelpout (Burbot), Smallmouth Bass, Bullheads, Carp
Minnesota Fishing Charters and Ice Fishing
Mille Lacs Walleye Fishing and more..
Garrison Sports is located on the northwest corner of Mille Lacs Lake, right downtown Garrison, Minnesota. We are 100 miles north of Minneapolis-St Paul Area.
Mille Lacs Lake is 132,000 acres or slightly more than 200 square miles. Mille Lacs is a shallow lake with a few places just over 40 feet deep. Fishing structures abound, mud flats (flat topped hills of muck averaging 22-25 feet on the tops) dot the center of the lake and rock reefs, gravel bars, rock points and sandy shorelines make up 1000's of miles of great fishing.
Although the Walleye is ranked the number one game fish in Mille Lacs, Yellow Perch, Northerns, Muskies, Eelpout (Burbot), Smallmouth Bass, Bullheads, and Carp round out the list of popular game fish. Bow fishing for Carp is very popular in the clear, shallow waters of Mille Lacs Lake.
Garrison Sports is a Bait and Tackle shop dedicated to Mille Lacs Walleye fishing. We have what it takes to catch Walleyes on Lake Mille Lacs. Our Bait and Tackle shop was established on this site back in the late 1940's. Kari Hough and Bob Weston bought the business in the spring of 1975, and it has been Garrison Sports ever since. Noted guide Greg Erickson joined the staff of Garrison Sports In 1982 and has been running the fishing launches and the rental fishing house's on a full time basis ever since then.
Summer Launch Fishing on Mille Lacs River
Garrison sports and the Erickson Brothers Guide Service has three Mille Lacs fishing launches. Two 36 foot steel hull boats and one 65 foot steel pontoon boat.
- The 36 foot steel hull boats can handle private parties up to 20.
- The 65 foot Pontoon boat can handle up to 40 people.
While private parties are very popular, the "walk on" business is the most used launch service available. Family groups on vacation often make a trip fishing an important part of their vacation plans.
The launches run three trips a day, 7 days a week, from opening weekend (early may) thru Labor Day. Reservations are encouraged but are not required. You need to bring your warm clothes and a cooler of what you want to eat and drink.
Fishing Launch Rates
Walk On: $35.00 per person
- 4 hour charter (private party), 11-20 people: $525.00
- 4 hour charter (private party), under 10 people: $400.00
- 4 hour charter (private party), up to 40 people: $800.00
- Opening weekend, night charters only
- 36 foot hull boat (20 person private party): $700.00
- 65 foot pontoon (40 person private party): $1400.00
*Rod, reel and bait is included in all rates
Winter Season Mille Lacs Ice House Rental
Mille Lacs ice fishing houses are rented regularly from mid December till end of February. Six person sleepers or two man view house are available and set up on the hottest structure going.
6 man sleepers:
- $175.00 per 24 hour period on weekends, 6pm to 6pm.
- Book for the weekend and get all day Friday free.
- $87.50 per 24 hour period on weekdays. (Sunday night to Friday morning).
- You pick your time slot.
2 man northern spear house:
- $45.00 for half day. Sunrise to noon or noon to sunset.
- $60.00 for all day. Sunrise to sunset.
3 man northern spear house:
- $60.00 for half day. Sunrise to noon or noon to sunset.
- $90.00 for all day. Sunrise to sunset.
Private Fish House Service and Storage
Garrison Sports also services and stores private fish houses on Mille Lacs Lake. Moving, blocking, banking, snow plowing, drilling holes and turning the heat on for your arrival is just part of our services.
Conditions permitting, we will have plowed roads to many of the fishing stuctures up to 5 miles out. And, we don't charge extra for your own wheel house. Our road fee is $8.00 per day.
Book your trip now with Garrison Sports. Call the phone number below for more information.